Thursday, February 10, 2011

Welcome to My Irish Tummy!

Ok, so I lied a little (but just a little!) sadly I am not fully Irish. However I am 1/4 Irish! Yay! And I did get married recently in Limerick, and no I didn't have to recite any rhymes by the same name. I know you wanted to ask. :)

While there my hubby and I fell in love with the entire country. I will probably put up random posts to talk about the wedding itself but that will be later. My first recipe is going to be Guinness Stew, cause well lets face it, what is more Irish than Guinness Stew?? I challenge you to find something else! :)

Anywho, I first tried Guinness Stew and Bacon and Cabbage during my wedding reception in Kilfenora, Ireland. It was the BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE! Now for me this is kinda interesting cause I have worked in some really fantastic restaurants and have eaten some amazing food. But by far the Irish pub wins. Hands down. No contest.

So after our amazing week and a half in the land of Saints and Scholars we came home to Florida and I immediately began to dream about eating Irish food (as well as Ireland and anything to do with the beautiful country). So, like all obsessed people I turned to the internet to find amazing recipes that would remind me of my new 'home'. From there I started to cook, and bake, and devour many delicious foods! And I am now a good 30 pounds heavier than I was this time last year. :) (Which is kind of a good thing cause at least now I am within my healthy weight group)

So this blog is an ode to all things Irish especially the food!
Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment